Search This Blog

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Arizona

I decided my in High School I was going to study Geology.  When it came time to pick a school I chose NAU.   So I moved to Flagstaff, Arizona to attend NAU and get a degree in geology.  In four and half years I got my degree.  I also decided not to use it and work in the food service but its all good and dandy.  I love living in Flagstaff and Arizona is a great state to live in, if you like the outdoors.  

I only live an hour and half from the grand canyon. So I try to at least get up to the canyon once a year.
Sedona is only twenty minutes away and it is very beautiful with the red sandstones.  I like to get down there to hike as much as possible.  Last year I was introduced to Fossil Creek which is about an hour away.  The creek flows at 70 degrees all year unless there is snow melt, the area is also so green and pretty, with water falls and a whirl pool, somewhere hot springs are also in play.  Tucson is in the southern part of the sate and I have been there a few times and do enjoy that city. I am hoping that I get down there for Thanksgiving this year.  Flagstaff itself is awesome we have the peaks and get four seasons.  Here are some pictures from the beautiful state I live in. 
Fossil Creek
Tucson
Sedona (Devil's Bridge)

Grand Canyon (Maria & Marcus)

No comments:

Post a Comment