Search This Blog

Thursday, September 23, 2010

running

My good friend Laura has recently got me running.  It is good for me.  I do enjoy our runs as they will help me get into shape and lose some of my summer 15.  Yeah that's right summer 15 I tend to gain weight during the summer and lose it in the fall and winter.  Anyways we run on the trails in Flagstaff either in the mornings before I go to work or on Monday evenings.  These runs are good so you can be out enjoying the prettiness of Flag, and we also get a chance to talk about life and hang out.  Yesterday morning I had to run a lone for Laura is out of town.  I figured I should still go out and run so I don't fall behind again and have to start all over again.  So I start my running from my apartment to the path.  I run down to the path and within the first five feet I come across a huge mud puddle. I forgot it had rained like an hour earlier.  But I am not gonna turn around and call it quits I keep going.  As I am going through the tunnel to meet the other  trial, the water that is only flowing down the side is now flowing the whole width of the tunnel so my feet are no longer dry and it's almost a pond at the end of the tunnel so I had to figure out how to get around it.  Once I get on the trial again and start running I would hit mud patches and slide around and my shoes were getting heavier because of all the mud the had picked up.  I am thinking to myself why am I even trying to stay running I should just walk and not hurt myself. But nope I keep running I don't have enough time to walk.  I also realize that Laura does a better job at pacing the runs than I do, however stopping and walking is not an option must keep running, must keeping hopping puddles and dodging slippery mud patches.  I did survive the obstacle course and it was probably a better work out than our normal runs would have been.  Today I failed at going out and running for one it rained through out the day and night so I am good at not having to jump puddles again.  And I also figured I danced the night away last night so I should be fine if I skip one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment