Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Summer has ended

It's still really hot here but my summer has now ended and turned into my long back to school work days.  This week my shortest day was today at 11.5 hours, and I won't have a day off till some point in September.  It's all good though work is what pays my bills so I can live a life I want too.  These long days now pay off for the shorter ones in the summer and the few long weekends I take later in the semesters.  All in all I had an excellent summer, from the fishing trips to the extended travel trips to Flagstaff and New York.  I remember as a kid fishing at the pond with my siblings and how the day would just pass away up there.  The first few trips up on the Mesa we caught nothing but it was still fun to be out with friends in a beautiful environment.  I finally caught a fish on my third trip out and at work when I was showing the picture of my fish, I was informed of how big of a Brookie I had caught was for the Mesa.  Which made me so happy and I haven't seen a Brookie caught at all the rest of the summer, just Rainbow Trout and I believe we were told Craig's was a Graylin, which shouldn't be stocked on the Mesa. but that's enough on Fishing.  Trip to New York was great.  I got to spend some quality time with family, even ended up bring home a cute dress that belonged to my Grandma Bratt.  The dress was the only one that fitted, I did try one some of my Aunt's old fancy dresses which helped encourage my cousin to try them on in the hopes she wears one. Also when I was there headed up to one of the county fairs where I saw some people that I was probably 8 the last time we were each other presence so that was kinda cool.  Well this is long enough post being all that use to read these have stopped blogging themselves.  Here's a picture of my big Fish that tasted very yummy.


No comments:

Post a Comment